- Embed specific components of the ThoughtSpot application; for example, search, pinboards, and visualizations.
- Render full ThoughtSpot application within the host application.
Visual Embed SDK APIs
The Visual Embed SDK includes the following embed modules:
To embed the ThoughtSpot search functionality.
To embed the full ThoughtSpot application with or without the navigation bar.
Configuration requirements for embedding
For information on configuration requirements, see the following sections:
Optional settings for embedding
The URLs in data appear as clickable links in ThoughtSpot tables. By default, clicking on a link opens the URL in a separate tab. However, there is a system-wide setting that can be changed to open the links within the context in which they appear.
Changing this setting opens the links. Consider the possible link types, and how they open:
- Link in search result table in ThoughtSpot. Same browser tab as ThoughtSpot application.
- Link in table embedded in a DOM element.
<iframe>that contains the table.
- Link in full ThoughtSpot application embedded in a web page.
<iframe>that contains the application.
You can use any of the following authentication services for authenticating application users who want to access the embedded content.
Authentication with session REST API
In this method, you can send a POST request to the
/tspublic/v1/session/login API to allow a user to log in to Thoughtspot.
This would require the user to be already logged into ThoughtSpot, before interacting with the client application. You can use this authentication approach for testing environments. This authentication method is intended to be used in initial development and testing phases. Do not use this authentication method in a production environment.
This method requires you to set up SAML SSO support on the ThoughtSpot admin console.
This method requires you to enable token-based trusted authentication service. In this authentication method, ThoughtSpot provides your client application service with a token that allows it to authenticate on behalf of users.
Visual Embed SDK reference
For detailed information about the SDK contents, classes, functions, and methods:
- Go to ThoughtSpot Developer portal.
- Navigate to Guides > Visual Embed > Visual Embed SDK Reference.