When you begin using ThoughtSpot, the onboarding process starts automatically. You choose your persona, based on how you use ThoughtSpot. As an analyst, you use ThoughtSpot to set up data connections, define relationships, and create Worksheets to help your team search and analyze data. When you select the analyst persona, the analyst onboarding begins, and guides you through a few basic scenarios.
To repeat user onboarding or change your persona, simply select Profile from the user icon at the top right of the page, and under Preferences > New user onboarding, click Revisit Onboarding.
Here is a quick introduction to the workflows you need as an Analyst in ThoughtSpot. The analyst onboarding on the Setup page guides you through these main workflows. The Setup page is accessible from the top navigation bar.
- Connect to data: learn how to connect ThoughtSpot to your live data in Snowflake or RedShift databases
- Join tables: join the related tables in your database, to search across all your data
- Create Worksheets: Worksheets model your business use cases
- Visualize Search results as Answers: search your data to get instant Answers as interactive tables and charts
- Compose Pinboards from Answers: collate all the Answers that support your use case in a single interactive and shareable Pinboard
As you complete these tasks, the progress bar at the bottom of your screen helps to guide you through the steps, and automatically updates when you finish a step. The progress bar is visible from anywhere in ThoughtSpot, except the Setup page, which is accessible from the top navigation bar. Select next steps next to the progress bar to learn more about your next task.
Note that the progress bar informs you both how many steps you have completed, and what number step you are on. In the image above, the user did not complete step 1, but did complete 2 other steps.