Connection reference for SnowflakeLearn about the fields used to create a Snowflake connection using ThoughtSpot Embrace. You need specific information to establish a seamless and secure connection.
- Connection name
- Enter a new Snowflake connection name.
- Connection description
- Provide a short description of the connection.
- Account name
- Enter the account name associated with the Snowflake connection.
- The account name is part of the URL that you use to access the Snowflake UI. It is the portion of the URL before snowflakecomputing.com.
- Example: If your URL is https://abcd.xyz.efg.snowflakecomputing.com, your account name is abcd.xyz.efg.
If you cannot find your Full account name in Snowflake, see the following examples for determining your account based on the account name, cloud platform, and region. Assume that the account name is xy12345.
Cloud platform Region Full account name AWS US East (N. Virginia) xy12345.us-east-1 US East (Ohio) xy12345.us-east-2.aws US West (Oregon) xy12345 Canada (Central) xy12345.ca-central-1.aws EU (Ireland) xy12345.eu-west-1 EU (Frankfurt) xy12345.eu-central-1 Asia Pacific (Singapore) xy12345.ap-southeast-1 Asia Pacific (Sydney) xy12345.ap-sowtheast-2 GCP - Preview us-central1 (Iowa) xy12345.us-central1.gcp Azure East US 2 xy12345.east-us-2.azure US Gov Virginia xy12345.us-gov-virginia.azure Canada Central xy12345.canada-central.azure West Europe xy12345.west-europe.azure Australia East xy12345.australia-east.azure Southeast Asia xy12345.southeast-asia.azure
- Enter the Snowflake account username.
- Enter the Snowflake account password.
- Specify the privilege of the user.
- Specify the warehouse associated with the connection.
- Specify the database associated with the account.
- Specify the schema associated with the database.