The new Answer experience contains multiple new features and feature enhancements. It is part of ThoughtSpot’s move to a new stack. It is in Beta and off by default for individual ThoughtSpot Cloud users. However, the option to turn it on or off individually is on by default. To remove or enable this option, contact ThoughtSpot Support. If the new Answer experience is available in your environment, turn it on or off individually from your profile, in the Experience manager at the bottom of your profile. The new Answer experience contains the following features:
- Improved Formula Editor: The new formula editor has a larger editor window, allows new lines, and has a new layout with integrated help.
- Table column summaries: Conditional and number formatting for table column summaries is now available. Column summaries are aligned with their respective columns and are part of the table, although you can configure their number and conditional formatting separately.
- Table column summary configuration for admins: You can now enable or disable column summaries for users on the new answer experience, from the Search & SpotIQ section of the admin console. By default, table column summaries are on.
- Table configuration: Conditional formatting for attributes is now available for tables. Conditional formatting is now part of the Table configuration panel instead of being a separate modal. You can now set the content density and theme (outline, row, or zebra) of your table.
- Chart configuration: Conditional formatting for chart measures is now part of the Chart configuration panel instead of being a separate modal.
- Conditional formatting for pivot tables: You can now perform conditional formatting on measures in pivot tables.
- SpotIQ analyze: Cleaner, more intuitive UI for SpotIQ analyze of Answer data points, surfacing the most useful workflows and allowing advanced customization.
- Learning cards: These cards teach new users about ThoughtSpot, and how to gain insights from searches and answers.
Turn the new Answer experience on or off individually
The new Answer experience is off by default, but the option to turn it on or off individually is on by default. To remove or enable this option, contact ThoughtSpot Support. If this option is available in your environment, you can turn it on or off individually from your profile.
To turn the new Answer experience on or off, follow these steps:
Navigate to your profile: select the Profile icon at the top right of your screen, and select Profile.
Next to Experience, at the bottom of your profile, select Edit.
Select New experience or Classic experience.
Turn the new Answer experience on or off for the whole cluster
You can manage the availability of the new Answer experience by contacting ThoughtSpot Support. ThoughtSpot Support can turn the new Answer experience on or off globally, and specify the default answer experience for all users. For example, you can turn the new Answer experience on globally, but still have the classic experience as the default, allowing users to opt into the new experience.
The following features are not available with the new Answer experience. The new Answer experience is in Beta and off by default, but the option to turn it on or off individually is on by default. If it is on by default in your environment, and you would like your company to be able to use these de-supported features, you can turn the new Answer experience off for your company by contacting ThoughtSpot Support. Alternatively, you can turn it on or off individually from your profile.
- Multiple join path resolution within the formula editor or a search: when you try to search on columns with more than one possible join path, the system no longer allows you to define the join path within the search. Similarly, when you try to create a formula with columns with more than one possible join path, the system does not allow you to define the join path. Instead, the system now prompts you to resolve this issue and avoid confusion or incorrect data by creating a Worksheet with the correct join path.
- Send feedback: The option to send product feedback, from the more options menu on an Answer or search.
- Client-side summaries for tables: We consolidated client-side column summaries and headlines from the backend into new headline summaries that come from the backend. These headline summaries are integrated with the table columns. You can pin them to Pinboards.