The new Answer experience contains multiple new features and feature enhancements. It is part of ThoughtSpot’s move to a new stack. It is on by default for ThoughtSpot Cloud clusters. You can turn it on or off individually from your profile, in the Experience manager at the bottom of your profile. The new Answer experience contains the following features:
- Improved Formula Editor: The new formula editor has a larger editor window, allows new lines, and has a new layout with integrated help.
- Table column summaries: Conditional and number formatting for table column summaries is now available. Column summaries are aligned with their respective columns and are part of the table, although you can configure their number and conditional formatting separately.
- Table configuration: Conditional formatting for attributes is now available for tables. Conditional formatting is now part of the Table configuration panel instead of being a separate modal. You can now set the content density and theme (outline, row, or zebra) of your table.
- Chart configuration: Conditional formatting for chart measures is now part of the Chart configuration panel instead of being a separate modal.
- Back button: Use the in-product back button to the left of a search or Answer name to go back 1 step each time you make a change in an Answer (for example, when you add a new column to the search, drill down, or sort).
- SpotIQ analyze: Cleaner, more intuitive UI for SpotIQ analyze of Answer data points, surfacing the most useful workflows and allowing advanced customization.
Turn the new Answer experience on or off
The new Answer experience is on by default. You can turn it on or off individually from your profile.
To turn the new Answer experience on or off, follow these steps:
Navigate to your profile: select the Profile icon at the top right of your screen, and select Profile.
Scroll down to the Experience manager.
To turn the new Answer experience on, select New experience. To turn it off, select Classic experience.
The following features are not available with the new Answer experience. If you would like your company to be able to use these features, contact ThoughtSpot support to turn the new Answer experience off for your company. Alternatively, you can turn it on or off individually from your profile.
- Ask an Expert
- Replay search
- Learn how to use ThoughtSpot Pinboard
- Browser back button: you can no longer use the browser back button to go back one step in a search or Answer. Instead, use the new product back button to the left of an Answer name.
- Multiple join path resolution within the formula editor or a search: when you try to search on columns with more than one possible join path, the system no longer allows you to define the join path within the search. Similarly, when you try to create a formula with columns with more than one possible join path, the system does not allow you to define the join path. Instead, the system now prompts you to resolve this issue and avoid confusion or incorrect data by creating a Worksheet with the correct join path.
- Send feedback: The option to send product feedback, from the more options menu on an Answer or search.
- Client-side summaries for tables: We consolidated client-side column summaries and headlines from the backend into new headline summaries that come from the backend. These headline summaries are integrated with the table columns. You can pin them to Pinboards.