With a custom calendar, you can choose when the year, quarter, or week starts, and search using date-related keywords.
You can create custom calendars for different purposes within your company, including:
- Retail calendars, like 4-4-5, 4-5-4, or 5-4-4
- Fiscal calendars, where the year or quarter starts on a different date each year
- Pharmaceutical calendars, where the week runs from Friday through Thursday
- Calendars in different languages
In a custom calendar, you can set the following:
- The starting date of a year
- The starting dates of quarters
- The starting day of the month
- The starting day of the week
- The words used for the days of the week, months and quarters
Supported cloud data warehouses
Custom calendar currently supports the following:
- Amazon Redshift
- Google BigQuery
- Microsoft Azure Synapse
You can use your custom calendar to search the following ways:
- Using date keywords, like
- Using date formulas with the
fiscaloption specified (See Fiscal and Gregorian calendars)
- Overriding the calendar used in the search bar by typing your custom calendar’s name
- Binding a calendar with a column under the table detail page. Example: Binding
commitdatewith the French calendar.
- Specifying a calendar in the formula
- When creating or updating a calendar, a table is created in the external database.
- Date format must use MM/DD/YYYY. No other formats are supported.
- Calendars, by default, use English names for days of the week, and month, but can be manually changed by downloading and editing the calendar file
- Maximum scope of the date dimension is 90 years
- Maximum length of a calendar year is 12 months
- Calendar displays quarter numbers based on the Gregorian calendar (which starts on January 1st). If your custom calendar begins any other date, you must adjust the quarter numbers to align with your calendar. For example: If your custom calendar begins on April 1st, the calendar would incorrectly show April, May and June as quarter 2. In this case, you would need to correct this to indicate those months are quarter 1 and correct the subsequent months to have the correct quarter.
Before you can create a custom calendar, you must contact ThoughtSpot Support to enable the custom calendar feature on your cluster.
For a user to create a custom calendar, they must have the required permissions to create a table in the database used in the connection where they want to create their custom calendar.