Any user who belongs to a group that has the privilege Has administration privileges or Can upload user data can upload their own data from the browser. To load the CSV or Excel file into ThoughtSpot:
Log in to ThoughtSpot from a browser.
Click Data, on the top navigation bar.
Click the ellipses icon , in the upper right corner, and select Upload Data.
- In Step 1: Upload your file, complete these selections:
- Upload the CSV or Excel file by these methods:
- Click **Browse your files** and select the file.
- Drag and drop
- Move the file from the file manager on your computer into the drop area.
- Answer the question Are the column names already defined in the file header?
The options are Yes or No.
- Answer the question Are the fields separated by? by specifying one of:
- (,), example: `Jacket,Winter 2021,yellow,600`
- (;), example: `Jacket;Winter 2021;yellow;600`
- (|), example: `Jacket|Winter 2021|yellow|600`
- ( ), example: `Jacket "Winter 2021" yellow 600`
- ( ), example: `Jacket Winter 2021 yellow 600`
In Step 2: Set column names, review your data.
When necessary, click the column header names to change them to more descriptive and easier names.
In Step 3: Set column types, review the automatically generated data types for each column, and make necessary changes.
These are the possible data types:
- Boolean, Yes,no.
- Smaller integers represented by 32 bits.
- Large Integer
- Larger integers represented by 64 bits.
- Floating point or Decimal.
- Character or text.
- Simple date, not including the time component.
- The date and time.
- Only the time, not including the date component.
When an upload is complete, the system reports the results and offers you some further actions.
- Click Link to Existing Data if you want to link the data you uploaded to the data in another table or worksheet.
- Click Search if you want to begin a new search.
- Click SpotIQ Analyze if you want to use the SpotIQ feature to find insights in your new data.